This Saturday night was the annual festival in Heidelberg where the Schloss (castle) is illuminated to look like it is on fire. Nearly the whole town was crowded around the river to watch...you couldn't see the water there were so many boats. It was only lit up for about 10 min though, which was kind of dissapointing. Afterwards there were a ton of fireworks. I'm glad that I was around to see it and not getting lost in some other country! This week I have a ton of schoolwork, but I am thinking of trying to go to Switzerland for a day or two this weekend, and on Wednesday I will take a day trip to Munich and the concentration camp at Dachau. There is a photo album from Italy up, so check it out!
Monday, July 11, 2005
Castle on Fire
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
*sigh* I'm jealous beyond recognition. You know that, right? I want to be there SO BADLY. I love Italy. Probably more than I love any other place that I've ever traveled to. Italy just does it for me. It's like... Everything is more beautiful in Italy. The people, the music, the art, the architecture, the food. Ahhhhhhh... The FOOD. Wasn't it the best thing you've ever had?! Isn't gelato sent straight from the Gods? Did you have REAL Italian pizza? Pizza Margherita? *mouth waters* And the wine. Bread. Cheese. Garlic. TOMATOES. Olive oil. Mmmmmmm. Shoot, I think I'm getting hungry now. I, too, loved Venice, despite its infestation with tourists. It's remarkable. Magical. You can't imagine that people really live their lives in such... I dunno... Beauty, I guess.
I'm glad you're having such a great time. This summer's treated me well so far, too, but in a completely different way. Will tell you more about that in an email, not a message board. :o)
DEFINITELY go to Munich, but I'd make it a weekend trip, not a day trip. It's worth crashing out there for a night. Do the fun stuff the day/night before-- make SURE you go to the Hof Brauhaus(sp?). It's something like you've never seen before. And the town square... Ah, you'll love it. It's good fun. But make sure you do it BEFORE you go to Dachau, 'cause you'll be real depressed after that and not be in the mood for any fun at all. But go to Dachau. It's life changing.
Okay. I better get a move on. Travel safe, and I'll talk to you soon!
Love you!
Samantha
Thanks for the advice, I might just take it. School turned out to be too busy for me to get away to Munich today, so I'll have to make it happen some other time before I head back to "the states".
The food in Italy WAS amazing. I must have eaten the pizza 6 times. I could have sworn that people were trying to tell me the pizza wasn't as good there, but they were WRONG. The gelato, the pizza, the wine, all DELICIOUS.
And I have been told both the Hufbrauhaus and Augestiner Keller are the beer gardens to visit in Munich. Hopefully I'll have time to go to both...though 2 LITERS of beer is a lot to handle, even for little ol' me =)
-miss ya sam
-m@
Why do they want the castle to look
like it is on fire?
How have you been doing? I like to look at the pictures on your site. I am looking forward to you coming home.
hello love. I remember seeing the same "castle on fire" three years ago from the deck of one of those boats. The castle itself was amazing, but the people were even more of a sight--so many blankets and bottles you'd think it was the fourth. Tell Herr D, Dr. Sattler, Ulla, and room 11 hello. And promise me we'll go to the castle together someday.
Stay safe and enjoy the mountains.
Meagsaurus.
Post a Comment