Greetings! This last week I was blessed enough to visit probably one of the most beautiful places on the planet...definitely that I have seen anyway. After a quick stop in Paris for the French Independance Day on July 14th and over an hour stuck in a broken elevator, I visited the Jungfrau region in the heart of Switzerland -- the highest point in Europe. Waterfalls, cliffs, great weather, and towering snowcovered mountains made the place seem like Yosemite on steroids. BEAUTIFUL! A series of trains took us up to the top of the mountain...the last train actually disappeared INSIDE the mountain and after about twenty minutes we arrived at the last stop in a freezing cold cave. From there you we took an elevator to the sphinx observatory on top of the mountain (see the picture) and visited an ice "palace" -- basically a series of ice caves and ice sculptures. Not exactly Superman's ice palace like I was expecting, but it was still cool! My camera broke in Paris (looks fixable, but I can't seem to do it) so I took my pics on a disposible camera that I am going to try to get developed today. And the milk was so good...I drank so much milk this weekend I am going through withdrawls. Right now I am engrossed in final studies, packing, and planning out my post-Heidelberg schedule. Lots to do in not a lot of time! I Can't wait to be home soon and see many of you. Much love =) m@
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
Beautiful Mountains
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When will you be stateside again, Matthew?...
That looks like a wonderful place. I cant wait to see more pics.
Post a Comment