So after stressing a bit over the Greek and deciding that I dont want to do that at all -- not at all -- I had a fun and productive day today. I am almost finished with the work and got to run around a bit today too. After dropping my deoderant this morning and shattering the bottle (thats right, German pit purifier comes it glass bottles), I accepted an invitation to the WAL-MART from a friend I made at the campground. Somehow I feel less innocent now. Totally different from American Wal-Marts but with the same, overwhelming, mildly discomforable essence. Crying children, stressed out employees on the intercom. This one sells meat though. Half the store was full of meats...SO MANY MEATS!!!!
This evening I went to the Olympic Stadium Swimming Hall (picture) and took a swim in the HUGE indoor pool, the pleasant yet lukewarm spa, and the high dive pool! The highest platform was closed...but I did one of the 'lower' ones. Maybe a 6.5 at best. The park is amazing, I want to try to go back during the day. Maybe for another swim. If I do, you might be able to watch me on the webcam =)Tomorrow will be museum day (they're all cheap on Sunday). Hopefully the Greek will be done too! Much Love --------m@
1 comment:
WOW! Possibly a swim in the same pool Olympic Gold Medalist Mark Spitz competed in in 1972. Here is some information about Mark that I copied from the website www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Spitz.html :
Spitz won his first gold medal in the 200 meter butterfly in two minutes and seven-tenths of a second for a world record at the Munich Olympic Games on August 28. 1972. That same night, he won a second gold medal when his team established a. world record for the 400 meter free-style relay The following day, he won his third gold medal. Again, he established a world record when he swam the 200 meter free-style in one minute and 52.78 seconds.
He swam the 100 meter butterfly in 54.27 seconds to earn a world record and a gold medal on September 1. He then went on to anchor the United States 800 meter free-style relay team to victory for another gold medal. He won the 100 meter free-style in 51.22 seconds and swam the butterfly leg on the victorious United States team in the 400 meter medley relay for his seventh gold medal on September 3. He set another world record with his seven gold medals when he surpassed the record held by Italian fencer Nedo Nadi, who had won five Olympic gold medals in 1920.
Post a Comment