Friday, July 8, 2005

Safe, Sound, Smiling

Italy_07052005__289_1 



Due to my posting absence and the craziness happening in London right now, I have had several caring people e-mail me to make sure that I am okay.  I am well, and back in Heidelberg again trying to catch up on my mounds of homework.  This semester has been much busier than the last one, and I have thus been doing a poorer job at communicating.  The traveling has been amazing, though, and this last weekend was both beautiful and adventurous!  I ended up visiting, Herculaneum, Pompey, Sorrento, Rome, and Venice. It was quite too much to pack into a single 4-day trip, but that seems to happen when you are traveling with other people.  Lets see...I spent the first night in a shady Italian Couchette car on the way to Rome, the second at a train station in Rome, the third on the floor of a small bungalow in a campground outside Rome, the fourth (only 2 hours) in a spare bed in a hostel that we didn’t have reservations for, and the 5th in a much nicer German couchette between Venice and Munich.  Needless to say, I have been catching upon my rest =)  I must say I am just about traveled-out.  Seeing so much in such a short period of time tends to be overwhelming…and it seems to demean the significance of the individual things that I am seeing.  I have decided to take it slower from here on out.  I have been running around so much I can barely remember everything that I have been doing! This weekend I may take a day trip to visit Munichand Zurich…we’ll see how I feel though.  I miss everyone more and more each day.  Much love, -m@





No comments:

Post a Comment