Thursday, May 12, 2005

Weekend in Paris

Bonjour!  I just got to Paris about an hour ago and am staying at the Three Ducks Hostel.  I will be staying here at least for tomorrow and will try to post more info then.  Can't post a picture on this pub Internet machine, so it will have to wait.  More soon!  -matt



4 comments:

Fille Américaine said...

I stayed at the Three Ducks. Twice. Got really, really drunk during Happy Hour in the bar. Didn't realize HOW drunk I was until a bunch of us decided to go see the Eiffel Tower at night. I nearly fell off of the bar stool. And once we got outside, I stumbled into the road and almost got ran over by a crazy black taxi cab. Some big, strong guys carried me upstairs to my room. I passed out. The shower was in the bedroom, but the toilet was outside and down the hall. I woke up and had to pee. Badly. But I was too drunk to move. (I was only 17 at the time... Couldn't hold my liquor.) I wet the bed. It was hysterically funny. And embarrassing. But mostly funny. Ahhhh, good times. Skip the touristy shit-- Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysee, Arc de Triumphe... None of it is worth seeing, really. Get lost alond the river, read, drink coffee and wine, visit the outer neighborhoods, eat! And go to the Notre Dame. Breathtaking. And the most beautiful place in Paris? The Sacre Couer. DON'T miss it. Have dinner at a little cafe. Watch the artists. Take up a lover-- it's the most romantical place on earth. :o) *sigh* I'm jealous. I wanna be in Paris. Meet you there next weekend?... (Forgive the crappy spelling.)

meagasaurus said...

unlike the comments before me, i suggest you don't take up a lover! paris is romantic though... wish i was there with you to eat baguettes and cheese and sunbathe in the park.
also, the musée d'orsay is so fantastic, so i hope you see it. love love love, meag.

Fille Américaine Part Deux said...

Oooh! Oooh! I forgot to tell you. In case you haven't already hit up the Louvre, make SURE that you by-pass the RIDICULOUSLY long lines by taking Metro there. Go down through the Metro entrance and there's NO lines. Plus, don't pay! Not everyone realizes it, but students get into the Louvre for free. Flash your student ID and BINGO! Comp'd day with Mona. Tell her I said, "Bonjour!"

Le Matt said...

Awesome! Thanks for all the tips! I saw Notre Dame yesterday, anazing, and today I am going to the Louvre. Sam, you're a lifesaver with the metro info...we will definitily be taking your advise! And it is pouring down rain today, so sunbathing's not an option babe =)More soon once I can find an American keyboard =)

Post a Comment