Friday, May 27, 2005

Hot Heidelberg Nights


Img_0875Okay!  Wow, I'm back.  Sorry for that extra long
interval there.  Lack of sleep, lots of homework, laziness...all of the
above.  The week has been good, classes are still interesting, and I am
finally getting to know Heidelberg a little better.  I stayed here in Germany this weekend even though almost
everyone is heading down to Italy...I don't know how they all do it!  I am
already exhausted!!!  Today was pretty good...I caught up on a lot of
sleep and showed three girls from the Florence
program around the town (like I know the town...this is like my first weekend
here too).  This Monday we leave for our big field trip to Greece and Turkey.  It seems like it is
going to be amazing!  We spend two days in Athens, then one or two in Corinth, then two in Istanbul, than one in Ephesus.  Wow.  The weather is
supposed to be hot...like 105 or so.  Not looking forward to that but I
guess I will deal with it.  I am starting to get adjusted to living here,
and liking it.  My Survival German seems to be getting me by, though I
really wish I could speak the language better.  Everything is different
when you don't speak the native tongue!  I went out a couple days ago to
buy a new towel and it turned out to be an ordeal.  Everything takes a
little bit more thought and planning.  So anyhoo, tomorrow I am going to
have a lot of think time and am going to try to do the "Philosopher's
walk" on the other side of the Nekkar river.  It is supposed to be
gorgeous.  I'm also going to get the London
pictures online, I swear!  The picture today is one I snapped of downtown Heidelberg while roaming
about.  It's gets dark at about 10:00 here, so I am totally off
schedule.  Off to bed for me!!! Much love to all. -=m@





3 comments:

freakwentc said...

Hey!! You gotta look at a blowup of this pic!! The digital camera M@ is using is great. Just take a look at the stars it picked up with all the lighting in the area. That is so sweet!!!

freakwentc said...

They could be planets...hmmm...

m@ said...

It's all about 10 second exposeure baby....ohhhhhh yeeeaaahhhhhhh

Post a Comment