Yeah, so this trip is amazing and getting more exciting all the time. My classes are fun, and it looks like they are only going to be 2 days a week (what's up with that?) My professor Dr. Sattler is teaching my Art and Architecture class and is very knowledgeable and super funny...I'll post a pic of him as soon as I can sneak one. My class on Interfaith relations (Islam, Judaism, Christianity) looks to be quality, and today we had to meet in an Irish Pub across the street from our classrooms because we accidentally got locked out. That's a new one on me...a Religion class taught by a practicing minister meeting in the Pub. wow. So, yeah, all is incredibly well except for the fact that the network guy over here (now known almost universally as the network nazi) has such beefy security measures that my laptop doesn't work (128 encryption) on the Internet. I am going to try to make the school buy me a new network card since this is the one they recommended. We'll see how that goes! And it looks like this weekend is going to be a road trip to France! I was going to stick around here, but now that I know classes are only 2 days a week and there is a great group of people going, I think I might join them. I'll post more on that when I get the details. Much love as always, many thanks to all who have helped me get here! -m@
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Dr. Sattler loves photos! And he looks like Santa! Ask him what animal you resemble...he might just give you a funny response.
Too bad we didn't know you needed that card ahead of time... I had a spare I could have sent.
And what are you guys doing in a pub and not drinking durring interfaith studies? You could discuss the differences in impressions and fealings of alcohol in different religions over a pint.
That is funny. I think it is awsome you get to go to proque there are tons of things to do there plus they have diffrent types of fairs and stuff like that kinda like woodstock in that area too. ohh yeah we got your post card on Monday. Pretty funny huh cause we were talking about that on Sunday. Anyway stay safe and keep in touch. I will send you some pics probably tomarrow. We took Jackson to the Dr. and now he is whole 9lbs. talk to ya soon
Elaina :)
Yeah, well, many of us stayed after class to get a Pint =) We're not technically allowed to drink during class or with faculty so we had to be at least semi kosher. I'll ask about the animal thing next time I have class with Sattler...thurday he told us all what we were subconcsiosly thinking when we picked out our clothes for the day! Hehehe. And yeah, postcards will no doubt be a couple weeks behind from here on out, but hey, at least they're authentic! Much love all
Post a Comment