Monday, September 4, 2006

Engage...!

Pict0213So here's a big announcement:  Meagan and I are engaged.  Yup!  We've been throwing around the idea for a while now and, well,  it is time to make it official.



It started when I arrived at the airport here in South Texas and she was standing with a group of friends holding a sign that said "Matt Hannon," like she was my cab driver or something.  Then she flipped over the sign and it said "Marry Me."  Cute!  I said "sure I will," and much hugging and kissing ensued.



My turn came on her birthday this last weekend when I gave her a present containing three items:  The first was a yellow legal pad that said "Marry me? __Yes __No.  Incidentally, she checked "yes."  The second was an Irish Claddagh ring that I've been picking out for forever.  It's a traditional style of ring with an Irish connemara stone.  The third was a neat little book I made telling the history of the ring and such.  I made her open it at her birthday party (a joint party with our friend Abby) in front of a bunch of people to get back at her for the whole airport thing.  She was a little embarrassed, but happy ultimately.



So no date set yet or anything like that.  In all likelihood we'll just elope at some point as neither of us are fond of big weddings.  That doesn't mean that we'll leave everyone out of the loop though; we love to party and will definitely be hosting some sweet celebratory events when the time comes.



Meag and I have known each other for about 2 1/2 years and have been "dating" for about two.  Our relationship is something really special, and we keep loving each other more every day; it is great to be able to take things to the next level!



Thanks to everyone who continues to love and support us.  And to those who haven't even met Meagan yet because we've been running all over the place, I hope you will have the pleasure soon!



3 comments:

Freakwentc said...

Just who is that tall Middle Eastern man with Meagan in all the photos?? (Hehehehe!!)

andrea said...

Congrats and best wishes :)

m@ said...

I don't know, but you better send me those pictures because I'd like to know if she's haning out with other men...
And thanks for the congrats Andrea!

Post a Comment