Friday, March 23, 2007

The Computer Lab Guy

This week I landed a long-term subbing gig (who knows how long...) for the computer lab teacher at Meagan's 6th Grade campus; he has jury duty. It's been great, because I didn't get much work before spring break (or during it) so I am getting to make up for it a bit.



On Wednesday I was updating the DVD cover for the Cactuses DVD (I am submitting it to be available for online order) while the kids were working on their computer lessons. One of the students came up to me, saw the DVD sitting on the desk, and the following dialogue ensued:



--- Student: Did you make this movie?



Mr. Hannon: Yes



Student: That's cool. My aunt makes movies too.



Mr. Hannon: Really? What kind of movies?



Student: All kinds.



Mr. Hannon: Yeah? Does she make them around here or in McAllen? (the only big city around).



Student: No, around here. At her house.



Mr. Hannon: Oh...okay, sweet. (confused)



Student: She gets a lot of the movies from McAllen though, but she makes them at her house ----



For those of you who missed that, by "making" movies, he, of course, meant a medium to large scale movie pirating operation =)



Today is my birthday, and though it is only 11:00am, I have been blessed with at least 10 student-made birthday cards and two birthday announcements during the morning announcements. Oh, and both periods sang happy birthday to me too =) It can't help but make you feel good =)



2 comments:

marina said...

so karen and i were trying to decide if we were gonna sing plain old "happy birthday", i wanted to sing "las ma~anitas" but karen didn't know it, then i found the sufjan steven's "happy birthday" and we got the lyrics online....and we totally forgot to call! soooo sorry, hope you had a great birthday though. and i hope to see you at church sometime (it seems i started going around the last time you went so we never ran into each other again & that's where i remember you both from!)

m@ said...

There's a Sufjan Stevens birthday song? How bout you just make it up to me by letting me know how to get that song! And I think we'll probably be at church tomorrow, so maybe we'll see you there? Thanks for thinking of me =)

Post a Comment