Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Road Trip Day 1: Weslaco to Austin

Valero_refineryMeagan and I left yesterday and drove five hours North to her hometown of Austin where we stayed the night at her parents house.  The weather is hot hot hot!  The picture is of the Three River's Oil Refinery, one of the most 'exciting' monuments along the way.  On the horizon, it sort of looks like the Emerald City after the fall of civilization.  There was some type of moth or butterfly migration happening during about half of the drive, turning the entire trip into somewhat of a moral dilemma; at 65mph, I was killing far fewer moths than at 75mph.  In the end I think I took it a bit slower...=)



Today's agenda is:  Wal-Mart (for camping equipment), then north through Waco to Cedar Hill Campground just southeast of Dallas.  We are thinking about hitting the Dr. Pepper museum on the way, but they close at 4:00, so I'm not sure that we are going to make it.



No comments:

Post a Comment