Weslaco TX - So about a stone's throw away from Meagan's apartment there is a little breakfast place called "Lord and Irene's." In the morning they serve breakfast tacos which are hands down the tastiest thing I have ever experienced. We have eaten them four times this week. There is absolutely no logical reason for them to be as good as they are; they are just flour tortillas filled with eggs, potatoes, and cheese. The flavor though -- indescribable. I think it may have to do with the fact that they make their own tortillas and use Mexican cheese. I have also considered that there might be some sort of ancient Mexican magic at work in the process.
Later in the day Lord and Irene make wedding cakes and do catering. There are pictures of all their cakes on the walls of their kitchen - where you go to eat. The restaurant is actually just their kitchen with about three tables set up for customers. Everyone should plan to come to Texas just to try these tacos. Lord looks to be about 80 years old, so this place may not be around forever -- book your tickets now.
I guess I took the picture of Lord and Irene's on my disposable camera because I can't find it on my computer. I'll have to get that developed. Instead, here is a pic of Meagan teaching her wonderful sixth graders how to create surveys and compile data. I'll tell ya -- this woman can teach. She is amazing with these kids, and all their grades are improving. I love her =)
No comments:
Post a Comment