Wow, I´m not kidding...people start their evening at like 9:00, have dinner at about 11:30 or midnight, and then stay out till about 3. The hotel that I am staying at is right on Las Ramblas, the main street that runs down the City Center. PACKED. Wow. But I am having a good, relaxing time here! The Beach yesterday was amazing, perfect weather. While you are lying there people go by every 2 seconds trying to sell you beer and Coke and Fanta and headrests and donuts and sangria and necklaces and shirts and..wow, yeah, pretty much everything. It sounds something like "cervesacocacocalightfantacamisetas." Cool the first time, annoying after the 403d. Oh, and there was this guy who balanced a tray of donuts on his head (bambadinos) and kept on singing "bambadiiinooooossss, bambadiiinooooosssss." Yeah, that´s been in my head for at least 24 hours. The street performers here put every other street performer I´ve ever seen to shame. I´ll have to upload some pics, there is no way to explain. It´s a blast, and it is nice to actually be able to understand the language somewhat for a change. Today there are no real plans (unheard of!) so it will be intersesting so see how things turn out. Much love! -m@teo
Sunday, June 12, 2005
This City DOESN´T SLEEP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, Matthew! Glad you're having fun in Spain... It's gorgeous, isn't it?! I know what you mean about the beach peddlers. It gets way old, way quick.. Sorry I haven't written in so long-- I'm always at work and the browser there won't allow me to post. I'm reading all the time, though, keeping up on your adventures! I'm really excited for you and wish I was there! I was *supposed* to spend the last few days in NYC but didn't make it there, unfortunately. Just got tired and lazy-- working doubles 6 days a week wears you out, and the LAST thing I wanted to do on my day off was go to the airport. *sigh* I did just get three days off, though, so that was REALLY nice. Life is good here, I guess. Not a lot going on, other than work. Got a lot of houseguests this summer-- Jayme's coming up on Saturday, my friend Vincent will be here right after she leaves, and then my friend Sara from Emsdetten (Germany) is coming to spend three weeks with me. I want to try to get some traveling in, too, but with work and all the houseguests, I don't know when that's gonna be! But keep me updated on where you're at and where you're gonna be-- maybe I'll pop over for a day or two. It's free, after all. :o) Be safe and keep up the posts! Oh, and I got your postcard! Thanks! It's on my fridge. Anyways, better run. Love you, and I'll talk to you soon.
Matt,
Kaitlin loves to see the pictures. I was showing them to her and she saw you and said "Hey mom,look there is Matt." I didn't tell her that this was your blog.
You have to have to go to ROME you will love it. If you go you have to go to the Spanish Steps. Every fountian has a story behind it.
I'll have to tell you about the boat fountian near the steps. My dad has some friends in Rome that prob won't mind showing you guys around. I will be at my mom's house
in Portland next week i will see if I can get there email addresses and let me know if you are interested.
hugs from Kaitlin and Slobbers and spit up from Nathan.
Jules
Post a Comment