Tuesday, June 7, 2005

Back "Home"

Genuine_fake_watches



Guten Tag, once again, from Heidelberg Germany.
The Moore Haus doesn't exactly feel like home -- but I guess it sort of feels
like a home base at least.  And after days of eating the same types of
food in Athens and Istanbul, Germany's
carb-heavy cuisine was a welcome sight indeed.  The field trip was
amazing...we packed so much sightseeing into so few days I still can't believe
it.  It is going to take a week or so to sink in, I'm sure.  I took
about 300 pictures or so, so I'll narrow that down and try to share the best
ones on the site here.  I really loved Istanbul -- though that was not the consensus
of the entire group, of course.  Some people just expect other countries
to be like America
for some reason.  Communications were difficult there...phone calls back
to the states were almost impossible for some reason...unless I wanted to pay
with a credit card.  WHICH I DIDN'T.  I learned that lesson in Paris.  What an
amazing experience though...Ephesus
was probably the highlight.  Many of the ruins there are very intact still.
There is a huge ampetheater that seated about 65,000, and walking down the main
city road in the ruined columnade was a trip.  And they say that they have
only excavated about 10% of the original city...I can't believe it.  ***
This week is finals week, so school will be busy!  I can't believe the
first block of classes is finishing already.  Uncanny.  Unbelievable.
Inconceivable.  I found this sign
in Turkey…Uncle
Rick should like it especially =)





No comments:

Post a Comment