Sunday, December 30, 2007

The $40 VIPs

Afsid



Meagan and I went to the movie theater earlier tonight to see Juno.  I flashed my snazzy little Austin Film Society ID card because I heard a rumor that I could score a dollar off per ticket as a member.  To my flabbergast, Nice Ticket Lady says "just go in."  So Meagan says "okay, then I guess we'll just get one ticket."  NTL replies "no, you can just go too and say you're with him."  She verifies this with another employee.  Ticket Ripper Guy looks at us funny when I show him the card and report that NTL gave us the go ahead, but then he shrugs and says "sure, go on through."



My $40 AFS membership just paid for itself by half -- I will definitely be pulling that card out again.



3 comments:

andrea said...

How cool are you? You should try it at Walgreens when you drop off film to be developed. The possibilities are ENDLessssss! Mwahahahahaha

m@ said...

I'm actually thinking of mailing photocopies of my card instead of checks for this month's student loan payments -- you're right, this could be bigger than I realize.

roem said...

Will you be at SXSW?
I'd like to see you... and your flashy cardy thingy.

Post a Comment