Monday, April 17, 2006

Aloha and Mahalo

Img_2632_1Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii -- Kona, to be exact.  My sister Sarah, cousin Rachel, uncle Rick, aunt Penny and myself have been here for just about 48 hours now.  This is the first time I have had access to the Internet since we have been here; apparently the resort that we are staying at doesn't believe in ruining the lazy, secluded vibe of being on a tropical island.  I see the logic in that, but for digital junkies like me it is sure hard to quit cold turkey.



I wrote another blog entry but it is on my pda, and so far I can't get it off...hopefully I"ll get this all figured out real soon =)



But anyhoo we have been having a great time so far, the weather is amazing even though it rains now and then; it is so comfortable that I barely even notice when it does.  So far we have been enjoying the resort -- the pools and spas and little parties that they throw and all of the awesome flora and fauna scattered about.  You'll notice that most of my pics here are of the plant and animal variety.  I'm loving it.



We found this plant with like 15 baby geckos in it -- all of them hopping from leaf to leaf all nimbly bimbly.  And there was one big one that was just chillin' inside this one dead leaf the whole time looking at us.  (S)he was either their father/mother or pimp or the godfather or something, who knows.  Anyway, it was super cool.  There are also a ton of hibiscus flowers that really brighten up the scene.



Tomorrow we are going to drive to the southern part of the island to Volcano National Park, by the Mauna Loa volcano.  I can't wait!



2 comments:

Meagan said...

Wow, that photo is phenomenal! I love little geckos. Glad you're having fun. I can't wait to see the lava pics. Miss you!

Samantha said...

Glad to see you're having a good time!
Hawaii is gorgeous-- I haven't visited the Big Island yet... Just Oahu. Ry's mom was talking about taking us to Maui this summer, though.
Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!
Where are you going to be when your vacation is over?...
I love you.
Samantha

Post a Comment